If you are a lover of greens, or venturing to become one, try this decadent salad as a starter dish or consider enjoying it after the main course as a light dessert. Either way, I hope this makes it onto your go-to list of salad recipes.
Yield: Makes 4 Servings
WIU = “What I’m Using”
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 Bag Arugula, washed and dried
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Cranberries
- 2 Teaspoons Sliced Almonds
- 2 Tablespoons Candied Pecans (WIU: Sahale Snacks Pecan-Cashew Nut Blend)
In a small bowl, combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, honey and fresh black pepper (just a pinch). Mix well and set aside.
Coarsely chop arugula. Chopping the leaves will give a more dense texture to each bite.
Drizzle 2 tablespoons of dressing over the arugula greens and toss. Add more dressing if desired or reserve for use later in the week. The key is to make sure leaves are just lightly coated, not drenched.
To finish, divide onto plates and top with a sprinkling of dried cranberries, almond slivers and candied pecans.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Did you add cheese? (I was tempted to!…but I’m on a cheese quota) Let me know in the comments below…