Aged cheddar, fresh sprouts, buttery croissants–oh my! If you’ve never had the pleasure of a roasted chicken sandwich like this, allow me to introduce you to one tasty treat. The recipe that follows takes about 15 minutes to assemble and is one of my personal favorites.
Yield: Makes 4 Servings
WIU = “What I’m Using”
- 1 Roast Chicken, sliced (WIU: Wegman’s Whole Rotisserie Chicken, Lemon Pepper)
- 1 Tablespoon Mayo
- 1/2 Teaspoon Herb Paste (WIU: Gourmet Garden Italian Herb Paste)
- Sliced Aged Cheddar Cheese (WIU: pre-sliced Yancey’s Fancy New York Artisan Cheese, Roasted Garlic)
- Sprouts (WIU: LifeForce Brocco Salad Sprouts)
- 4 Large Fresh Croissants, sliced horizontally
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper To Taste
Mix mayo and herb paste in a small bowl to blend.
Position croissant bottoms cut side up, with tops off.
On each bottom: Spread a thin layer of the herb mayo mixture. Top with slices of roast chicken (add bits of dark meat for added flavor). Follow with a slice of aged cheddar and a generous heap of sprouts. Sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper.
To finish, cap off each sandwich with a croissant top and heat in a dry skillet over medium heat until cheese is just melted. Enjoy!
Tip: Use mini-croissants instead of the large ones to serve up fabulous tea sandwiches for brunch or party appetizers.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Have an edit on any of the ingredients? Do tell in the comments below…